czwartek, 24 października 2013

Winter Treasures




In winter when the trees are sound asleep
And the skies are queenly blue and clear
I walk, not minding where I tread
To lose myself in nature’s treasury.

I wade through soft beds of lustrous snow
And watch the twinkling ice and frosty gold,
Crystal flakes and fluffy crests in white
Charm my eyes and wake my soul’s delight.

A milllion, million gleaming rainbow stars
Seem blinking on the snowy ground
A million, million glorious pearls and gems
Are squeking under my light step.

There is a magic spell in a chilly day like this
The wind’s breath froze to death in pure bliss
And from the gilded, dazzling plain around
 Comes no movement and no sound.

I’m far away from home now, must return
Before the Sun ends his majestic sojourn
I made friends with the trees and the frozen lake
Yet, so far from mankind
a frosty pang of loneliness I felt.

                                                                                                                                     

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz